In the interview process, authenticity is key.
We’ve all been there, the interview process…. Some thrive in it and for others, it’s just stressful! The following information will provide you with some insight & make you feel better about the whole thing. Information is power.
Your resume speaks to qualifications, skills, and education, but there’s another key factor hiring managers and interviewers want to know to make their decision. Are you the right fit? Do you align with the team and company work culture?
- Showing up as your authentic self creates opportunities. Pretending to be someone you are not closing doors.
- Being authentic allows your true self to be known and therefore provides key insight to decisions makers on whether you are the right person for the role and company.
- When you are not being your true self, the hiring manager may pick up on that and find it difficult to get a real sense of who you are. Ambiguity presents risks and that’s not good when making strategic staffing decisions.
- Do you really want to eliminate yourself from what could be a wonderful career opportunity because you were busy being someone you thought they want you to be?
- On the flip side, BEING YOU may mean you won’t be a fit for every company out there. That’s ok! Rejection is a redirection, and it’s just pointing you toward something that’s right for you. Don’t take it personally.
- The interview process is also your opportunity to ask questions that matter to you. It’s a two-way conversation, sometimes you will be everything they want but you just may find out this just isn’t right for you. Ask the right questions and go to your interview prepared to get the information you need to make an educated decision.
So, keep in mind, BE YOURSELF. It’s the best way to set yourself up for success.
Be sure to connect with us and learn more about how we can prepare you for success at your next interview!